I've been checking the NPR website which continues to be filled with great recommendations. The Mystery Readers (genre) website hasn't really changed since week 1.
Early Word is a fascinating resource. I really liked finding out about the new category of books they call New Adult. This is the age between adolescent and adult. I also liked the New Title Release listing for the week of May 20. This is just what I have been looking for.
The highly anticipated titles section is great. One of the titles is the Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud who also wrote The Emperor's Children. This is a relatively slow paced story of a woman who falls in love with the family of a Lebanese-Italian student in her class. I have started reading it and, while it pace is very slow, there is something in the lovely language and the way the author describes her feelings that holds my interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment